- Written by Brian (rewritten by Paul McGinniss)
Now is the Time to Get Yourself a TRULY Personal E-mail Address
If you work for a company, you were probably issued a work e-mail address that looks something like this: joe.schmoe @ megacompany.com. And if you’re like most people, you’re also probably using your work e-mail address to:
- manage all of your electronic correspondence
- send those “cute” jokes and e-mail chains
- schedule personal appointments
- conduct other personal business
Now, let me ask you a few pretty obvious questions:
- Would you have personal products shipped to you at work?
- Would you want holiday and birthday cards sent to your work address?
- How about your “private” magazines?
I didn’t think so.
The time has come for you to stop using your work e-mail for personal reasons. Yes, my friend now is the time to take the next big e-step and get a REAL personal e-mail address (and domain). Catch up with the millennium and separate your work and your personal e-mail once and for all.